Car accidents are a frequent occurrence on today’s busy roads. Accidents of this type can both stressful and time consuming to sort out so it’s important to appoint the right legal representive. We operate a No Win No Fee service and can arrange everything from replacement vehicle to compensation and rehabilitation.
Our job as your conveyancing solicitor is to oversee the legal process in either the sale or purchase of your property. Our experienced team of property solicitors will take the stress out of the transaction allowing you to concentrate on the more important things in like moving home.
Do you know where to turn in the event of accident at work? Your employer has a duty of care to provide you with a safe environment to work in. If you have been involved in an accident at work through no fault of your own, then our legal team are here to help. We can assess your work accident and advise you of both your rights as an employee and any compensation that you may be entitled to.
Being negelected over a medical concern or treatment can leave you feeling alone, we’re here to fight for your rights and compensation is something you can receive to help compensate for your treatments and concerns being miss handled
Has the property you occupy made you or someone in your household unwell? Damp properties can cause damage to your belongings but most off all can lead to serious health problems. Don’t delay contact our housing disrepair department today.
Have you been sold insurance alongside your credit card, accounts or mortgage? Claims Leeds can help you claim back your miss sold payment protect insurance, don’t delay contact our payment protection department today.
If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease, or suffer with a condition that has been caused by your work, you may be eligible to claim compensation. Contact our Industrial Disease Department today
Slips, Trips & Falls
Slip trip or fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents people have. A simple slip can cause very serious injuries such as back injuries, paralysis, broken bones & head injuries. Many happen in the working environment due to poor health & safety regulations.
Are you looking for help and advice in relation to family law? We understand family law can be a sensitive and difficult area to negotiate. We have a wealth of experience in this area and in most cases will offer a free no obligation phone call.
Age Discrimination Claims Leeds
Age discrimination at work is unlawful in almost all types of employment. All employees and workers of any age are protected from age discrimination.
Fairness at work and good job performance go hand in hand. Tackling discrimination helps to attract, motivate and retain staff and enhances your reputation as an employer. Eliminating discrimination helps everyone to have an equal opportunity to work and to develop their skills.
It is unlawful because of age to:
- Discriminate directly against anyone – unless it can be objectively justified
- Discriminate indirectly against anyone – unless it can be objectively justified
- Subject someone to Harassment related to age
- Victimise someone because of age
- Discriminate against someone, in certain circumstances, after the working relationship has ended, unless objectively justified
- Compulsorily retire an employee unless it can be objectively justified
Note: Objective justification means that differences of treatment on the grounds of age can sometimes be justified, objective justification is a test that employer will have to use to substantiate any exemptions to the laws.
Employers should ensure they have policies in place which are designed to prevent discrimination in:
- recruitment and selection
- determining pay
- training and development
- selection for promotion
- discipline and grievances
- countering bullying and Harassment.
Discrimination because of age covers four areas:
- Direct discrimination: treating someone less favourably because of their actual or perceived age, or because of the age of someone with whom they associate. This treatment can only be justified if it is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim
- Indirect discrimination: can occur where there is a policy, practice or procedure which applies to all workers, but particularly disadvantages people of a particular age. For example, a requirement for job applicants to have worked in a particular industry for ten years may disadvantage younger people. Indirect discrimination can only be justified if it is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim
- Harassment: when unwanted conduct related to age has the purpose or effect of violating an individual’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that individual
- Victimisation: unfair treatment of an employee who has made or supported a complaint about age discrimination
Age Discrimination can be a very complex area. Here at Claims Leeds we believe that knowledge is power, contact us NOW to speak to our employment law team who will be more than happy to provide you with FREE expert advice.
No Win No Fee
No Win No Fee arrangements (or Conditional Fee Arrangements; CFAs) ensure that if you do not win your accident claim, you do not have to pay your solicitor a fee. Insurance will cover you against the other side’s costs and expenses. If you win your no win no fee claim, you should receive your compensation free of any deductions, as your solicitor’s costs should be paid by the other side.
Call Us Now
Call us today and one of our specialist solicitors can start your claim straight away.
Start A Live Chat
Need an answer to your question quickly? Chat Live with our staff 24 hours a day .
Alternatively drop us an email with a brief description of your claim and we will get back to you within 30 minutes..
Have you been the victim of medical negligence? Then you may be entitled to compensation.